Friday 25 January 2013

NEW31DC Day 25 - Inspired By Your Childhood

Hi Goddesses



Ooooh, I think today has been a tricky one for a lot of people.  Inspired By Your Childhood - memories, adventures, school, toys?



All along I knew I wanted to pay homage to my childhood teddy bear, Rosebud.   Executing said mani was not as easy, and this is version 2 (version 1 was so bad I didn't even take photos lol).



I don't have a photo of Rosebud, but he was my loyal companion between the ages of 3 and about 7 or 8.  As an only child, my cuddly toys were especially important, and Rosebud was bought on holiday.  He was slightly larger than other teddies I owned, had VERY fluffy eyelashes, and a blue flower on his belly button - hence the name.




I remember him being quiet matted (I probably drooled on him every night), and so a textured base was my starting point.  Version 1 had a saran wrap, but I couldn't get the colour contrast right, but then Nails Inc Concrete arrived and - ta-dah!



I'll be showing you the Concretes very soon.  This is the hideous yellow one, and I painted over it with OPI Did You Ear About Van Gogh ?   What's interesting about the Concretes is how they retain their texture despite layering.




I then used my blue dried flowers from eBay to recreate Rosebud's belly button :)


Aaaaaand we're into the last week of the Challenge!  See you tomorrow xx :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips