Wednesday 16 January 2013

NEW31DC Day 15 - Watercolour

Hi Goddesses



I'm so sorry I couldn't post this yesterday.  The change in the weather in the UK totally screwed my sinuses, and I spent most of the day in bed with an ice pack.



Anyway, back to the challenge.  I really like watercolours, and I've done a couple of them before, and the challenge for me this time was that I wanted to do something different.  



In the end, I decided to stick with one colour, and went with red.  I used a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and then the following reds -

Zoya Dakota
Zoya Sooki
Wet n Wild Buy Me A Drink
Studio M Slammin Red



This was the first time I had done this technique with a glitter, and I really like the effect it created.  It just adds that extra bit of magic.



Once I'd first added all the colours, this mani looked a little dark, so don't be afraid to either add more of your lighter colour, or add more acetone to dilute the darkness (I did both).



Overall, I'm really pleased with this one - it reminds me of clotting blood for some reason :)


Enjoy xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips