Friday 4 January 2013

NEW31DC Day 4 - Pink

Hi Goddesses



Today I am what you call a Chuffty.  Maybe even a Chuffty Cat.  That means I am very "chuffed" with today's mani - chuffed is a British word for "well pleased with meself".  Lol.




This is one of those lovely accidents that just *happened* with no planning or forethought.  The only thing I really decided on was that the pink I used should be an untried so Color Club Wing Fling, here we are.




I really liked the Color Club Take Wing Collex from last summer.  I feel it got way overshadowed by the kerpow from the CG Neons, but this was an amazing collection of summer brights with glass-flecked electrical sizzle.




Wing Fling though, has left me a little cold.  I admit, it looks sensational in these photos, everything a hot pink should be, but in real life, I just wasn't feeling it.  I think it was actually a little too electric for me and felt almost flourescent.  Shame.




So then I thought I'd do a pink splatter, with a bit of black in it to make it rock n roll and ..... OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH !!!




I honestly can't tell you how happy I am with how this turned out.  It's bright, it's zappy, and it's just got that little edge to it.  Awesome.



I used OPI Sparrow Me The Drama and Black Onyx and one of my favourite pinks, CG Traffic Jam ... and a very special tool.  I am now going to share with you why this came out with extra awesome in it.



You know how sometimes when you do a splatter mani, the polish lands too heavy ?  You get a great big fat dollop of polish that obliterates half the nail ?  Well, when that happened with THIS mani, I took a cotton bud, and gently lifted some of the excess off.  You can't really tell where I did it, but you can tell the texture is different in some areas, and I really like that.


Ok tomorrow is purple ... damn ... I don't know if I even HAVE a purple !!!  Lol.


Love xx



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips