Thursday 10 January 2013

Digit-al Dozen DOES ..... Art ..... Comic Books

Hi Goddesses



Thank GOD we are getting towards the end of this challenge lol.  It has been gruelling, but, not for the others it would seem.  They have been posting some amazing stuff, so please take the time to check them out at the bottom of the post.



Today's nails were an accident.  I had done my 5 art manis, and whilst I was looking for a stamping plate for the 31DC, stumbled across Cheeky CH47, a crazy little plate filled with Comic Book slogans such as Pow and Bang  and Bam.




I felt that comic book nails deserved bright primary colours,  mainly Barry Ms - Blood Orange, (KIKO 336), Shocking Pink, Block Orange and Spring Green.




As I started stamping with the white, there seemed to be too much blank space, so I decided to dab on a few patches of black polish and then stamp over the black, mainly to get a little variety.  It was one of those whimsical decisions that makes a lot of difference, and really takes it to the comic book level, where you regularly see the white text on a black background.



So that leaves me with 2 manis to choose from for tomorrow, both of which I am meh about - the blue cubism mani and the Japanese Screenprint mani.  I think I'm gonna go with the latter, but you never know lol.



Don't forget to check out the rest of the Dozen - and if you don't already, follow them all, as each and every one of them is amazing.


Love xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips