Tuesday 1 January 2013

New31DC - Day 1 - Black and White

Hi Goddesses



Wow, can you believe we're back here again?  New Year, New Month, New Challenge :)


The Crumpet's Nail Tarts have devised a new 31 Day Challenge for 2013 and we're starting it today.  It's not too late to get involved - just click HERE.  We'll be running it a couple of times this year - sometimes for 31 consecutive days (like this month) and sometimes over a longer period of time for those of you that like to enjoy your manis for a few days :)


I want to start today with a little bit of waffle.  One of my goals for 2013 is for my manis to look more professional, especially my nail art.  However, I am acutely aware that a lot of you love this blog because I am so open about my imperfections.   Don't worry though - I think today's post might show how we can have the best of both worlds :)  So, on with the show!



For Black and White Day I really wanted to do something that was the opposite of black and white, so I thought of the most colourful thing I could, and then decided to do it monotone.    




So here we have - flowers!  The polish bases were OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and OPI Black Onyx and I used DRK-C and white and black stamping polish from Born Pretty Store (full review coming up sooooon).




So I did it, and I liked it, but it didn't look complete to me.  It was also nagging me that the stamping didn't go all the way to the nail edge.  So I thought about it all night, woke up, and did it !  Funky french!





Now, I don't know about you, but I prefer it with the edging, it just completes it in a way it wasn't complete before.  As you'll also notice, it hides the bits that didn't stamp well !! lol.  But on the other hand, they look like the smiles of the Black Minstrels.  Hhhmmmm.  Win / lose ?





We'll be back tomorrow for Day 2, which is Silver.


Enjoy xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips