Wednesday 27 November 2013

Crumpet Reviews Too Fancy Lacquer - Holly and Mistletoe

Hi Goddesses



Firstly, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has sent me messages or comments over the last couple of days.  I'm on the little black cloud again, but it helps that this time I know my depression is caused by a Thing (redundancy) rather than .. well, who knows what.   I'm just going to listen to my body, and sleep and slob when I need to, and potter along when I can - like tonight :)



I am way overdue posting the 6 gorgeous holos from Too Fancy Lacquer, and I thought that these particular 2 were very appropriate tonight.  As some of you may know, green is the international colour for Depression Awareness and red, well, red just helps bring me back to life.





So, the greeny.  Yup, happy to be wearing it.  Isn't it emerald-intense?





This is, would you believe - A ONE COATER!  Utter perfection, and it stamps great too.





I love that this is a pure grassy, classic green.  There's no sludge in here, no breakaway colours around the edges, just a pure, perfect green prism.





Holly is a red holo, with sprinklings of green shimmer.  They're easier to see in the bottle than on the nail, and sadly my camera has done a useless job of spotting them.





Also - this polish is not quite as intensely fiery as some of the photos would have you believe.  It's what I call a whitened-red - it's a little bit pinky, with some of the depth washed out, but still utterly beautiful.





I think I would have made this red darker to make it more classically Christmas, but then maybe it's nicer that it's that little bit different?  Either way, as you can see, it's exquisite.





I wore 2 coats, though again you could probably wear one, and again, this stamps like a champ.   A word on the formula too.  Usually, the more opaque a polish is, the harder it is to make it holo, so Charlene has done an amazing job here getting the balance so right.  I have done 2 awesome stamping manis with these polishes, and I WILL have those up soon.




In the meantime, there are 3 more babies to come - the grey, the indigo and the gold - and I'll get them up hopefully by the weekend.


You can buy Too Fancy Lacquer HERE and follow on Facebook HERE.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips