Monday 25 June 2012

Celebration 500 - Guest Post Roisin from Cuti-CLUE

Hi Goddesses


Today we have a DOUBLE GUEST POST from Roisin, of Cuti-CLUE-les, someone who became a friend recently through the Purple Crumpet Fairy nail art group.   Her nail art is absolutely stunning, she's always brimming with ideas, hence why just 1 mani wouldn't do.   Enjoy xx

***********


Hey all!

I am so happy that Debbie let me guest post today! I've been a huge fan of her blog for ages so it is such an honor to post here :)


As this is a momentous occasion- Debbie's 500th post!-She asked me to choose one of the following for my post: 1)a recreation of one of her previous manicure's 2)something with purple in it that she would like to try or a celebration manicure to mark her 500th post. I have to admit I spent a while thinking up manicure looks (I even have a little nail art book with my drawings in it haha). In the end I decided to try something completely new for me but something Debbie has already mastered and in the colour that Debbie loves the most :)


I started off with a basecoat of Stargazer 114. Then I layered on two coats of Catrice Lucky in Lilac.

Then I picked out three of my favourite purples.I went for the "Sugar spun" technique where you put a drop of polish onto a page or piece of plastic, leave it to dry a bit and then use a dotting tool or something similar to it to dip in the polish and drag it across the nail. My lines are a bit messy but I am really happy with the way it turned out, especially for a first attempt! My polish didn't go stringy so I cheated and just dragged my dotting tool across my nail :P  

Here is a close up of my thumb to show the different polishes used.From tip to base: Catrice Dirty Berry, Barry M Berry ice cream and Catrice Heavy Metalilac 

I really like this technique. It's a great way to combine both colours from the same family ie purples and colours that are totally opposite for a more interesting look. I am not a huge purple fan (swatches made me buy these :P ) but I really like this combination. In future I would use Barry m Berry ice cream as my base because it is my favourite but I think Heavy Metalilac and Dirty Berry are perfect for the "sugar Spun" technique :)


Thanks so much for letting me loose on your blog Debbie! It was so much fun to try out a new nail art technique and use colours I haven't worn for a while (if at all :P )
Huge congrats on reaching 500 posts, hopefully you have many more in store :D  Hope both you and your readers enjoyed my post!

Cuti-CLUE-les

******************

Hey all!

I am so happy that Debbie let me guest post today! I've been a huge fan of her blog for ages so it is such an honor to post here :)

As this is a momentous occasion- Debbie's 500th post!-She asked me to choose one of the following for my post: 1)a recreation of one of her previous manicure's 2)something with purple in it that she would like to try or a celebration manicure to mark her 500th post. I have to admit I spent a while thinking up manicure looks (I even have a little nail art book with my drawings in it haha). In the end I decided to try something completely new for me but something Debbie has already mastered and in the colour that Debbie loves the most :)


So I started off with one coat of Stargazer 114 as my basecoat. Then painted on two coats of Catrice Sing: Hey! dirty-lilah which is a gorgeous almost grey lilac polish. I ended up doing three coats. I was to excited and didn't let it dry enough so it dragged on the second coat :P


After the base colour dried I placed my metallic purple striping tape diagonally on my nail.  I bought this on ebay and it works perfectly!


For the segments I used three of my favourite purple polishes. From base to tip I have 2 coats of Catrice Dirty Berry, 2 coats of Barry m Berry Ice cream and 2 coats of Catrice Heavy Metallilac.

Finally I added on a layer of Essence quick dry topcoat to make the lines more crisp ( I haven't mastered the perfect striping tape line yet :P ) You can leave the striping tape on if you prefer. I liked to show the original basecoat colour so it tied in more with the overall manicure look but that;t just my preference :) Also the tape I used was identical to Catrice Heavy metallilac so you wouldn't have noticed it anyway


You can mix it up and use different colours in the segments and if you are more skilled with tape than I am (that won't be hard haha) you can divide the nail into more than three segments giving it a more mosaic look! The possibilities are endless with this manicure.

I really hope you enjoyed this post! I really love the looks you can get with striping tape and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot in the future.Major thanks to Debbie for letting me have a go on her blog :D I can't believe she has reached 500 posts already :O Hopefully she has many more up her sleeve to keep us entertained in the future :)

Cuti-CLUE-les



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips