Wednesday 20 November 2013

#33DC Day 26 - Something from Pinterest - Nailasaurus Patchwork

Hi Goddesses



I am feeling a little glum today, and this mani is just the thing to cheer me up - bright, shiny and pretty as can be :)  I also feel like a patched up and broken thing - irony!




Today's prompt is "something from pinterest" where I have LOADS of stuff pinned.  If you're interested in having a gander, you can follow me HERE.   I'm quite a collector of patterns and colours, and my 2014 goal is to do more about translating them into manis.




This mani is based on a fairly recent one.  I opted out of Halloween manis this year, and the minute I saw The Nailasaurus post THIS one, I slapped my head - that's how it should be done!



I loved the simplicity of her design.  I've often struggled with the more traditional patchwork design and thought this more broad stroke version might work better for me, and I think it does, although the brush I used for the black still needs to be thinner.




I used a trio of great polishes, but I wish I hadn't used 2 purples.  The amazing r-orange is Uluru by Elevation Polish, and then we have 2 OPIs - Ate Berries In The Canaries and I'm Feeling Sashy, from the new Miss Universe Collection.



So overall, I loves, but it's not as perfect as Sammy's (what would be).  Can't wait to try this one again.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips