Thursday 14 November 2013

Digit-al Dozen DOES Black and White - Go Large!

Hi Goddesses



How are you all?  I hope you're keeping well.  Are you enjoying the first time Lindsey and Meghan have been part of the group?  Personally, I'm regretting it already, they are both far too awesome!  If you don't believe me, check the links below for what Lindsey of Wondrously Polished has done today.





So back to me and today I have some over-sized dots.    This was inspired by another cushion (lol, random, that's 2 this week), and then I did a slight variation for the accent nail.

Black and White Retro Circles Pattern. Pillows


I thought I'd spend some time showing you how I got my jumbo dots, as I know it's a question I always ask other bloggers.  For this mani, I used the end of a nail art brush - it's probably half the heft of a pencil, similar in size to a chop stick.





In this photo, it's next to my largest dotting tool (which I used for the inner dots).  I would suggest you just experiment with whatever you have lying around until you find something that works.





The thing I've noticed with trying to dot with larger objects - you really need a good puddle of polish.  Do not be skimpy - you need a really good covering to get a good dot shaped dot.  Also, remember you might be working with (or against) the curve of your nail, so be prepared to do a little bit of touch up xx






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips