Friday 13 December 2013

Digi-tal Dozen DOES Red Gold and Green - Easiest Christmas Tree Nail Art EVER !!!

Hi Goddesses




We end DD Week with one of my favourite manis this week AND the easiest Christmas Tree nail art you can EVER do!





The base of this mani is the wondrous Cadillacquer Masterpiece.   You know how hard it is for a green to take my breath away, but that's what this polish did earlier in the year.





The combination of green and red in this polish is just electric, and the green is *just* the right shade.  Perfect.  





So, just so we're on the same page, the green here is the Christmas tree, and the red glitter are the baubles, yes?  If you don't own this polish (and seriously, I never recommend greens but you MUST own this polish), you can improvise with a dark green polish and a red glitter.





And then I added some tinsel using China Glaze Angel Wings and a thin brush.  And OMG I LOVE the final result!!!





One of my favourite parts of this mani is totally accidental.  I applied Poshe after Masterpiece, as I didn't want my "tinsel" to get snagged on any rough edges of glitter.  One of the great things about Angel Wings though is that it has a slightly textured finish, and by resisting a final coat of Poshe, it left my nails with a slight 3-D effect.


I hope you've enjoyed this week, and that even if you are HOPELESS at nail art there's been something where you've thought yes, I could do that!


If you want something more arty, I hope you're checking out the British Blogging Christmas posts - there have been some awesome manis there xx



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips