Saturday 24 September 2011

Nails I Love - COLOR CLUB Wink, Wink, Twinkle


Nails I Love

COLOR CLUB – Wink, Wink, Twinkle

Hellooooo Goddesses.



Today I have for you the many wondered Wink, Wink, Twinkle from Color Club’s Starry Temptress Collection.  A few weeks ago, I bought another colour from this range – Ultra-Astral – and HATED it.  I didn’t like that it went on matte, or that it was quite neon, and I hurriedly ushered it into the reBay pile.




Then I saw someone else’s post (sorry, I have looked but can’t find who it was, but I think it was someone from PAA) about this little beauty, and I hhhmmmmed and thought it was worth a whirl.




Wink, Wink, Twinkle is deeply pigmented.  Deeply.  She’s a perfect violet, magenta with serious blue undertones.  I just can’t express to you how deep this colour is.  There is nothing wishy-washy or half-hearted about this girl, she’s a full-blown, melodramatic, look-at-me diva!




The polish is packed with glitter – teeny tiny dust particles that just add to the depth.  This looks like how a starry night would look in Barbie-Land – dark and sparkly, all at the same time.




When this dries, she dries matte, and for someone who hates matte (surely nail polish should look polished, no?) that wasn’t so good, but even I could appreciate the beauty of the dull finish (altho why you would want to make a sparkly polish dull doesn’t compute for me) …. Anyhow, long ramble, blah blah where was I …. Oh yes, anyhow, whether you like matte or not, this dries quickly and beautifully.



Better than that actually – it dries like concrete!  This is one of the most durable looking polishes I have ever work.  She looks like a proper acrylic manicure, and the photos were taken ofter 2 days – still no chipping or tip wear. My nails looks INDESTRUCTIBLE with this on – no word of a lie, I think they would go the whole week without chipping. Amazing.




All the photos are glossy, so what did I use to get rid of the mattness ?  Well, I didn’t use Starry Temptress topcoat, I used something else that arrived in my nail mail that day – NORTHERN LIGHTS by Out The Door, a holographic top coat.



This adds the tinsiest bit of fairy sparkle to your nails – delicate without being over-powering.  After having some SpectraFlair moments lately (thanks, Lori) it amuses me that whatever holographic element OTD use ALSO sinks to the bottm.  Amuses me a LOT.

This may not be the most beautiful colour I own, but WWT has impact, flair, drama, chutzpah and a gluelike formula.  Definite winner.

J

Top Tip – if you’re ever unsure what a nail colour looks like, go to Google images, which will give you plenty of contrasts and compares.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips