Monday 24 September 2012

31DC Day 24 - Inspired By a Book

Hi Goddesses




Welcome to another "inspiration" post.  Despite being an exhaustive reader, I always struggle with book posts.   No idea why, but I do, and again, in the last year I've already represented some of the books that mean the most to me.



So, this could have been another "compromise" post, but no!  No, no, no, no, no!  Luckily, this is what happens when inspiration comes BEFORE the horse .. or something.



I've been toying with Mr Men manicures for some time now. They're colourful, cheery - and most importantly, simplistic in their shape.  It's been on my ideas list for ages, so luckily all I had to do was work out how what and when.



To recap, the Mr Men are a series of books by Roger Hargreaves that were HUGE in the UK in the late 70s and early 80s (yes I'm THAT old).   Their simple stories and artwork were big winners, and everyone had their favourite.  I even remember having a Mr Greedy eraser!   Since then, the original Mr Men line has expanded and has also been joined by the Little Miss characters, but I want to honour the originals.




On my thumb - Mr Greedy.  Ah, a man after my own heart.   A man who lives to eat.  Aaaaah, it really is my idea of bliss to be able to eat without discretion and not worry about weight or illness. Aaaaah.






Next, Mr Messy, not a character I was ever particularly in love with, but one which is so apt for me now.  I am not a tidy Crumpet.



Middle finger is Mr Bump.  Mr Bump was one of my favourites.   In a genius move of branding, Mr Bump is also on a popular line of plasters in the UK, instantly destigmatising injuries for kids.  That's cool.






Ring finger is Mr Strong.  He wasn't a favourite, but crucially he is not pink or blue, AND he's a different shape, so that's how he made it into the mani.  Can anyone spot my ahem "deliberate" mistake ?



And finally, Mr Tall.  Artwork is hard, especially on the little finger, so again, this guy was chosen purely because his shape was suitable for the space that was left available!






At one point, I had the crazy idea of doing Mr Tickle on the middle nail, with his arms extending out over the other fingers, but I don't think I'm good enough to pull that off yet.   Oh and also please check me out with the outlining, thank you very much.  I even cut a brush to make it thin enough!


Lol, enjoy xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips