Thursday 14 June 2012

Friday Friends - Destany from Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom

Hi Goddesses



Welcome to another edition of Friday Friends.  There was a great response last week, and I hope you continue to enjoy the series.


Today we have someone whose blog I have followed since I started getting interested in nails, partly for her manis, but also partly for her snark and great blog title :) and the fact that we both love dark, vampy polish colours.  Today, it's Destany from Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom.




What is your name and what is your blog -
Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom! (http://blog.life-serial.org). I’m also on Twitter (@C_o_a_s_Mom) and Facebook. It didn’t start out as a nail blog...it was gonna be a mommy and book blog. It evolved into nails. I live in a small town in Indiana, USA


What can we expect to see on your blog / How would you describe your style / your blog’s style
As you can glean from my blog name, I’m sarcastic. It’s definitely my second language. And I talk about my family a lot. They are my life. Plus, I like my nails.


Why did you decide to start the blog –
It’s a long story! Hahaha The short of it is I ran my arm thru a glass door six yrs ago and almost died. Doctors told me I’d never be able to use my left arm again. Boy did I show them.


How many followers do you have / how many visitors do you get a day / if you have an established blog, how have you “built” your following
Right now I have 1559 followers and I get approximately 300-400 hits per day. I’ve been blogging for almost a yr and a half, and I’m still building :)


What do you do in the real world, and how do you fit blogging in with your lifestyle ?
In the real world I am a mommy first. My little guy is in first grade. Three days a week I work as secretary of my church. I swatch whenever there’s sun and I’m home. I usually get posts ready in the morning as my son is getting ready for school. I try to preset as many posts as possible if I get some free time.


What is the favourite post you have done -


Because Buffy is so dear to my heart...and I love this polish :)


What is your most popular ever post


Nouveau Cheap got a hold of the link and it went mad haha


Which blogger do you most admire / who do you follow / who are your go to bloggers
Krystal @ http://www.polishgalore.com. She is one of my closest friends, and she has taught me so much about blogging!
Jen @ http://www.thepolishaholic.com. She is amazing! And super sweet!
Jodi @ http://captivatingclaws.blogspot.com.  She is a doll, and I love her combos! Plus, she does some kickbutt watermarbles
Erika @ http://polishfixation.blogspot.com. She loves what she does, and she’s very good at it! Another good friend :)


When blog posts go wrong –

UGH! My daisies looks like eggs!


Pick a further 3 manis of your choice from your blog – please provide photo, link and why it is special to you


Because this is the most awesome GITD polish ever!: http://blog.life-serial.org/2011/10/one-with-orange-pumpkin-glow-in-dark.html






Finally your stash – talk about your favourite brands, colours, must have tools, your “number” etc
My favorite brands are Wet n Wild, China Glaze and Zoya! My stash is very heavy in orange, blue and green. I’ve never done a stash count. I’m wondering if maybe I am just kind of scared by what it might be...


Oh and one last thing – what tip would you share with someone who is thinking about starting a blog ?
Just do it! Jump in there and start. But don’t be discouraged if, at first, you feel lost in the sea. It takes time to build a following. Don’t fall into the “I have to have a giveaway at every 100 followers” trap. I’d rather have 50 REAL followers than 1000s of followers who only followed me because I gave them free polish.


Let’s Get Personal
What’s your earliest polish memory
Trying to figure out how to make my polish stop chipping. I think I was, maybe 11?
Fave film
Get Over It. No matter how many times I’ve seen it, it still makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Fave type of music
Rock!
How old are you lol
I’m 35 J
Are you a cat or dog person
Both!
Fave book
The God Project by John Saul
If you won £5million on the lottery, what would you do
BUY A BIGGER HOUSE
What inspires you
My son
Share a quote that means a lot to you
"What's the point of being famous if the people you hated in high school don't want to kiss your ass?" - Wyatt Frame (Alan Cummings) in the movie Josie & The Pussycats


Wasn't that great ?  Thanks Destany.  Next week your Friday Friend will be ...... Missy from Gnarly Gnails :)  Enjoy xx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips