Wednesday 9 October 2013

#33DC Day 8 - Chevrons

Hi Goddesses




So, a little while ago (2 hours or so) you saw THIS base.



It started life as the base for this mani, but was so pretty I wanted to show if off in all its glory, which is why it got a blog post of its own.  It's a loose stroke mani featuring OPI The Spy Who Loved Me, Magnifico Mexico and Orange You Glad It's Summer.




My idea for chevrons was to do a base that was so hot it burnt the eyes, and then ice it with a super cold white topping.  I used the lovely pattern on BM-423.




I can't say that I love the finished result :(   I'm bummed the pattern is so thick, and that you can't see enough of the base, and I also don't like how my Konad white decided to get a vintage look on me - it just looks trashy.




Oh well, at least Day 9 is a corker - see you Friday!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips