Sunday 14 April 2013

Review - Shimmer Polish Amy and How To Pick Your Undies

Hi Goddesses



A short and sweet this morning.  I am still suffering with my sinuses, and I was woken up by the cat knocking my radio on my head.  Yup, great start.




This is Amy.  She's quite a complex glitter, with an absolute rainbow of colours sitting in a tinted base.   Because of the base, I needed to match her with something similar, so she ended up being layered over OPI Sparrow Me The Drama and Layla Ceramic Effect CE-09.




This became one of my favourite ways to wear these glitters - 2 polishes in differing shades of the same colour.




You can see in some of the close ups exactly how much is going on in this glitter.  There's a lot of lovely on show, but the tinted base does limit your ways to wear this one - you need to stay in the red-orange-pink spectrum.




I thought you might be interested to see how I eventually found the right base for Amy.  You can see here how I swatched her over a whole range of colours, trying to find the right blend of base and glitter.  Underneath the word AMY you can see the tint she carries, which is why I started off a bit more orangey.  In the end though, she definitely wanted to play with Sparrow :)



You can buy Shimmer Polish HERE and follow on Facebook HERE.


This polish was sent to me for an honest review.  Enjoy xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips