Saturday 3 November 2012

When The Polish is Soooo Good, Why Do We Also Need The Drama ?

Hi Goddesses


This is a late night rant from me.  There's a 50/50 chance you'll agree with this post, and there's a 50/50 chance you'll disagree with it.  I'm cool with that, so let's go.


I saw THIS blog post this evening, and it puzzled me.  For a long time now, the nail polish community has been filled with the occasional bitchiness, women eager to return real or imagined slights, and then others who are all too keen to comment on a photo just to show the world they hate it.


There's been another outbreak of it this week.  Now, generally, I am a Live and Let Live person.  I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that does not mean that I necessarily want to hear it.   I also believe in positivity, and I have no time for people who only want to spread negativity.


So I read the post, and I thought it was maybe a little overboard.   Then a friend suggested it was in response to THIS post.  And that's when I got angry.


For so many of us, nail polish is about love.  Love of a colour, a brand, love of the act of painting, love of following others who are better than us.   For some of us, it's about sanity, and relieving anxiety, and feeling good about ourselves.


As someone who is naturally messy, I've been guilty many times of posting photos of manicures that are less than perfect.  I'm not a perfectionist, and much as I adore some bloggers who are, I just don't have the patience to do and redo my nails to make them pristine.  Just today I posted a gradient which LOOKED perfect when I did it, only to find when I edited the photos that I had a missed a bit of clean up.   Bummer, but fact of life, and I hope that in the grand scheme of things my readers are more drawn to the overall picture than one blemish.


So the article saddened me, really pissed me off, and made me just want to scream at Womankind.  What is wrong with us that we can't be happy unless we're pissing on someone else ?  I know there are some people who derive genuine pleasure from feeling superior to others, but I was genuinely disappointed to see so many people I like and respect agreeing with the blog's content.


Women, Goddesses, we should stick together.  If we don't, who will ?  And if you don't like someone's manicure, that's fine, but there's no need to crow about it, bitch about it, or get joy from it.  What's important is that the person who did it did it with love, and with joy.  


And how DARE you piss all over that.


Thank you xx :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips