Monday 5 November 2012

30 Days of Purple - Day 5 - Splatter

Hi Goddesses



As a lot of you know, the splatter is one of my favourite mani techniques.  Not only does it fit naturally into the skillset of a "splodger", but it always looks so damn awesome.



This is perhaps one of the most beautiful splatters I've ever done - but it shouldn't have looked like this.  No ?  No.   You see the dark purple I used is Let's Groove by China Glaze.  I love it cos it's got a funky 70's vibe to it - you can see that swirl of shimmer in the bottle shot.  And yet when splattered, it came out jet dark purple, and I'm so glad it did.




This started as a base of Butter Muggins, which I love.  It's a gorgeous soft blue toned lilac, and the BL formula gives it a lovely thick, squishy appearance.




I then splattered with Let's Groove - and the lilac and the dark inkiness of the purple just go sooooo well together - and then I splattered with Catrice Dirty Berry, a stunning medium grey / purple holo.




This is also my favourite way the polish has ever landed on my nails, and I think now polish consistency has more to do with it than I ever realised (makes sense), so a newer, thinner polish will fly further and more randomly than a thicker, stodgy old polish.





And just for a laugh, here's pre clean-up.  



Enjoy xx :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips