Monday 5 January 2015

31DC2015 Day 5 - Dotting Tools

Hi Goddesses



Ugh Monday and back at work BUT behold possibly the best nail art I have ever done!






This nail art makes me insanely happy.  It's bold, it's bright, it's cheerful.  It's easy to do, it's happy, and I've already done 3 variations lol.






Today's prompt is dotting tools, which I use a LOT.  I didn't want to do ANOTHER dotticure, and as I looked through my Pinterest, I remembered how much I love the big flowers that Alice at One Nail To Rule Them All does - so some inspiration is definitely owed to THIS photo.





I just want to give a shout out here to my base colour - Barry M Gelly Coconut.  It's become my staple for nail art bases.  Is it as good as OPI My Vampire Is Buff?  Well, it's AS good, but cheaper, so I am really chuffed us UK girls now have a great and affordable version!




To the colours - 

- red - OPI Fashion A Bow
- pink - NOPI Pink.  Seriously
- orange - OPI Hot & Spicy
- magenta - Pahlish Petropolis
- purple - Different Dimension Pulsar
- green - Sally Hansen Grass Slipper



After I'd done this mani (and cursed the minor streaking from the matte top coat), I decided I didn't really like the index and pinkie fingers, but with hindsight, I really do.  I also find the purple a little toooo dark ... but you live and you learn!






I just adore this mani.  It's not often I'll stand up and say I'm proud of what I've done, but today, I am suuuuuuuper happy and proud :)







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips