Friday 30 January 2015

31DC2015 Day 30 - Something You've Never Tried Before

Hi Goddesses



Ok, here we go, more messy decal madness!





As you may know if you follow this blog, me and watermarbling don't get along.  I really struggle to get my polish to spread, however much I yearn for those amazing patterns.





I recently saw THIS tutorial on Betty's Beauty Bombs, and wondered whethered it would be a better option for me.  Basically, you make your watermarble pattern, let it "set" on the water, then pull it out, cut it to the right size (AND pick the bit of the pattern you like) and plonk it on your nail.  So easy.





Yeh.   So again, I'm posting this one as a work in progress, something we can hopefully look back on in a few months when I have perfected it (cough).





2 things strike me - the see through bits in my pattern.  I don't know whether I need to do double rings, but man it annoys me, as does the slightly shaky lines in the water.  Oh and the lumpiness.  Flat it layeth not :/





Secondly oh this was messy.  I think other people may be better at cutting their decals to size - I ended up dissolving the "extra" bits with acetone and then getting all messy.  Yeh, YouTube here I come :)




Polishes used -
Morgan Taylor Sitting Pretty
China Glaze At Vase Value
China Glaze Lotus Begin


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips