Friday 15 August 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Summer - Neon Fruits

Hi Goddesses



My final mani of the week is actually the first idea I had.  I love skittle nails, and the minute I saw MoYou Tropical plate 10, I knew what I had to do.






I loved that this stamp was basically the innards of a fruit, most probably a kiwi, and in my mind's eye, I immediately saw a whole rainbow of imaginary fruits.






I used 5 of my 6 Leticia Well neons, and stamped, and took photos.





At this point, I was undecided.  In the past, this was how the mani would have ended, but these days, I'm trying to be a bit more creative, so I ummed and ahhed and eventually decided to colour in the bit in the middle, just like a kiwi.





I *think* I prefer this version, although some of the painting looks messy.  I liked that the innards had texture, so I didn't top coat it, but there's no doubt top coat would have smoothed some of those imperfections out.


I hope you've enjoyed DD Week.  This is the first time in the longest time that I've been relatively happy with all 5 manis, or at least with what I've tried to achieve in these manis.


See you next month for our special 2nd Anniversary Celebration!!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips