Tuesday 12 March 2013

Digit-al Dozen DOES Geek Week - Dexter

Hi Goddesses



Aaaah, Dexter :)   


For the last couple of months, I have been obsessed with the TV show that is Dexter.  I have quite an annoying streak, in that if I miss the first episode or series of a programme, I won't watch the rest, so it's taken me a while to find a friend who would lend me the entire box set and let me devour it in one great big happy chunk.



There are sooooo many things I love about this series, from the deadpan narration, to the way the actors ARE the characters, the expert plotting, the intriguing moral compass on which it sits .... it's all just .. so delicious!




I've seen a lot of Dexter manis, and most of them are excuses to splatter red polish on a white background.  I deliberately wanted to go in a different, deeper direction, and I rejected a LOT of ideas to bring you today's mani.  Not to give anything away, but let's just say I may have had a whole week's worth .....



Thumb - OPI At First Sight (2 coats) with a big dollop of Sally Hansen Red Handed.  This is a blood slide, but not just any blood slide.  This is the one Brian / Rudy marked in Dexter's collection.




Index - OPI Don't Talk Bach to Me, Konad dark green and MJ3.  This is Batista and his "subtle" shirts :)



Middle - OPI My Vampire is Buff and Sally Hansen Red Handed.  Blood splatter.  Nuff said.


Ring - Sally Hansen Red Handed.  The blood oozing out of the sliced cheek.  I thought long and hard about whether to paint my nails a skin colour and go for a more "real" look.  I'm quite glad I didn't.



Pinkie - OPI The It Color, black acrylic paint.  The yellow Do Not Cross crime scene tape.  I couldn't fit all the words in, but I figured that as Dexter is ALWAYS stepping over the line, I could drop the "do not" :)



So, What Are My 5 Favourite Dexter Moments?

* the first episode - I loved the tone it set, and especially the narration.  Such a special show.

* the end of the first season with all it's revelations

* the end of season 4 - THANK GOD.  I won't give anything away, but wow it made me happy.

* the character of Deb - wow, what a female character

* LaGuerta's wardrobe - man she can rock those hot tones!

* sorry, I'll replace that with something more worthy :)  The final episode, and the final beat, of season 6.



In the UK we are shockingly behind - we're only on episode 3 of season 7 .... This is the first time I will have watched it in bite sized chunks, and I'm not coping very well lol.  I like my Dexter in big doses!


Enjoy xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips