Saturday 15 December 2012

Sat-ART-Day Club - Something Christmassy !

Hello Goddesses



You may have noticed I've not been keeping up with The Sat-ART-Day Club recently, a result of over-extending myself and the whirlwind of stress that has attacked me recently.  But today, I felt the NEED to do something ridiculously bright and cheerful, so here we are.




Today's theme was Something Christmassy and I didn't really plan what I was going to do.  All I knew was that I wanted to use Color Club Santa's Cinnamon, as I hadn't used it since I got it in a swap loooooong ago.




Now, sometimes I am stupider than the Prince of StupidLand and today is one of those days.  As I was painting my nails, Beth came to join me in the nail room and I asked her if one of the jelly beans she'd just eaten was a cinnamon one, because she smelt of cinnamon.  She hadn't ..... and it took me another 20 minutes to realise it was me lol.  I HATE scented polishes with a passion (crappy sinuses) but cinnamon is one smell I adore, and this hasn't grossed me out at all.  Phew!




As for the polish, wow, what a glitterbomb.   Not in a heavy layered way, just a subtly intensely sparkly way.  This polish says EVERYTHING about Christmas.




Super red, super glossy, super sparkly - you really can't go wrong.




For some reason, I decided to go with silver and gold as my accent colours.  Both are from the Jade Holographic range - Mystic Gold and Psicodelica.   




Originally, most of the nails were going to have the stripes you see on the little nail, but I STILL feel like I can never control a striper brush.  I knew dots would be in there somewhere too :)




What I didn't plan on was replicating one of the Christmas Trees from this week's Digit-al Dozen mani, but don't they work well ?   Most of you loved that tree the best, and I have to agree, AND it's easy to do.



After the week I've had and the events of yesterday, I just want to take a moment to celebrate love.   At this time of the year, more than any other, we should be grateful not just for what we have, but WHO we have in our lives.   Whether you get to hug them everyday or whether you hold on to their memories like angels, squeeze tight, and love hard.  It's the only thing worth anything in this mad and crazy world.


Enjoy xx :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips