Tuesday 22 May 2012

Guest Blogger - A Tape Mani for Northern Nails

Hi Goddesses




I'm a guest blogger today for Northern Nails.




So today I am in charge of Jo's blog while she lazes around in sunny Ibiza or somewhere - it's really not fair, is it ?





It's harder being a guest blogger than doing a post for your own blog, partly because you don't want to let the other person down, but also because you don't know what their readers - that's YOU - will like.  So I'm really hoping you like tape manis, cos otherwise honey, we're screwed!




I love tape manis.  They took me a little while to master, but now that I have, they are a great way to tart up a mani on day 2.   Apart from the whole tape trickiness, there are only 2 rules to a tape mani - an interesting base colour and a top colour that will be opaque in 1 coat.



For this I used a base of Sally Hansen Ruby Slippers, a holographic dark pink, taped over it, and then painted over the top with China Glaze Stone Cold, a matte dark grey.   You'll see I left it matte in some photos and then glossed it up in others.





Tape manis are tricky, and they DO require practice (not my natural setting) so if you're interested I recommend you either visit Nailside's blog or go and watch some You Tube vids - it's certainly worth the effort !


Enjoy :) xxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips