Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Digit-al Dozen DOES Metal ..... Metallic Roses

Hi Goddesses



I hope you're enjoying this DD theme.  I really thought I'd struggle with it, but so far, I'm having fun.  I'm also amazed that instead of 5 posts featuring a swatch and a nail stud, so far there are none (that will change tomorrow) lol.




I've had an idea to do gold and silver roses for the longest time, and in my head, I always saw them on a white background.  The problem with that idea came, I discovered, when I realised I didn't have a clue then what colour to do the petals in ...




Eventually I settled on a background of Barry M Matte Black / Espresso, a great polish.   I contemplated a turquoise or fuchsia background, but wanted to keep it more dramatic!




My roses are OPI Haven't Got The Foggiest - a fabulous grungey pewter - and China Glaze Angel Wings - the sparkliest gold ever.




The roses looked great on the matte background, but I just couldn't get the thing to dry without Poshe, so glossy it became, and whilst I still like it, I wish I could have kept the drama of just the black being matte.



I used an acrylic green for the leaves, with a weeny itty bitty brush, and my Sam Biddle nail art pen and OPI MBSW for the petals.  


Don't forget to check out my fellow DD ladies!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips