Friday 12 August 2011

NAILS I LOVE - Zoya - PETRA


Nails I Love

Nails I Love is written to celebrate some of the most beautiful nail varnishes on earth and to help you choose which colours and styles will suit you. 

Each posting will feature details about the colour as well as photos.  I guarantee every photo will show the varnish as it looks on your fingers, otherwise, what’s the point ? 

Top Tip – if you’re ever unsure what a nail colour looks like, go to Google images, which will give you plenty of contrasts and compares.

ZOYA – Petra

I began drooling the moment I saw the Smoke & Mirrors Collection, and Petra was probably the colour I was most excited about.  Being an absolute slave for Kelly, I was excited to get my hands on something similar but deeper, darker and twistier.




Tragically, I’m a little bit underwhelmed with Petra.  Whereas Kelly got the grey-purple balance just right, in taking this a shade darker, the balance has been lost.  Smoky, yes.  Dark grey base, yes.  With enough purple to pull it back to an indefinable meltdown of witchy wonder, sadly, no.



It’s not that I don’t like her, and it’s not that I don’t appreciate that this colour is the very definition of smoke; it’s that I’ve already lost my heart to Kelly, and there is not enough room to love both.  If I had never met Kelly, I would be swooning right now, deep under Petra’s deceptively dark spell; but having already taken my vows, I walk on by, unmoved.



I feel such a traitor for saying this, because Petra IS beautiful, sultry, wintry and witchy, all at the same time.   I might do a Kelly / Petra comparison and see if I can justify loving both.  For now, I’ve just compared them in the bottle ….  I find it hilarious how Kelly looks like Caitlin when stood next to Petra.

 middle photo - Kelly on the left, Petra on the right

Petra, we might meet again soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips