Wednesday 29 May 2013

Barry M Gelly Week - Hot Hot Tribal with Mango and Dragonfruit

Hi Goddesses



Happy Hump Day!   Thank you to everyone for the awesome response to Monday’s mani of Barry M Gelly polka dots!  It’s been shared in so many places and been seen probably by more people than any other mani I’ve done, so thank you!



Whilst all that was going on, yesterday I hit 600k page views AND published my 1250th blog post.  That means I’ve done 750 in a year – whoops.  Stay tuned for the weekend when I launch a whole hoopla of changes for the blog to add to your viewing pleasure.  Not less, just better :)





So, today’s mani uses just 2 of the Gellys – Mango (the orange one) and Dragonfruit (the reddy corally one) – as well as my Barry M nail art pen.  You may remember I initially had some problems with my nail art pens.  Well, I think I’ve worked out it’s because I had them sat right next to the laptop, in front of all the heat blowing out.  I’ve kept the new ones horizontal and cooler, and so far, they are surviving life in the nail room!




One of the reasons I was excited to get the nail art pens is because I want to master tribal.  It always looks so awesome when other people do it, and although I have a LONG way to go, I am loving how this turned out.




The base has been sponged.  Each nail started off with 2 coats of Mango and then had Dragonfruit sponging.   Each nail is different, some have a top to bottom gradient, some a bottom to top, others have splodged lines, or just general randomness.  One of the things I like about these 2 polishes is how very well they play together – it’s almost impossible to tell there are 2 polishes here.




I tried to needle drag with them too – STILL not mastered that – but again, look how they moosh and merge together to make pure fire – lovely!




So, there we go, tribal on fire!  Enjoy xx :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips